Thursday, July 8, 2010

The continuing saga of Doug's sporty

Slim came this morning to do some work for me that is above my skill level (welding wise). It's not that I can't do it, it's just it would take me 3 days and it takes him 3 hours.  It never ceases to amaze me what that kat can do with a angle grinder. 
So today was handlebars, fuel bung, weld up some holes for me some toher piddly shit.















Say "cheese" fuckers...Slim and his assistant who's name I can't recall at the moment.  Having coffee and setting up their stuff.

The Slim bender and the bars they bent.  I showed him a picture of what I wanted and he was off and running.
Pics of finished bars, sposed to have that late 30's early forty's springer bar look.  I think they came out fuck'n bitchen.


Next we molested this perfectly good 1975 CB750 gastank for it's fuel bung and petcock.  I had one for an HD but I didn't have a bung for it. Slim said to cut it off this CB, and seeing as how it's his bike and he wanted to do it, what was I to say...Thanks Slim   Note the knurling on the tank exstention, it's also chrome, cut off an old pair of 7/8 bars I had, I'll mask that off when I paint it and it will soooo coool!

I love it when a plan comes together. This thing is turning out to be pretty damn cool, if I must say so myself. Next up are pipe hangers and clamps, cables, fuel lines and wiring.  There's a couple more tricks up my sleve but thos will have to wait till after MOONEYES.....stay tuned chop jockeys

No comments:

Post a Comment