Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cool Ass Dragin' pix
















This pic of Bill Maverick's "Little Red Wagon" reminds me of a time when I was present at Lion's Drag Strip. I must have been about 12 and iot was the last time that NHRA was going to allow the wheelstander to run and race side by side.  Every big wheelstander was there and some I had never heard of.  You had the "Hemi Under Glass", the "LA Dart", the "Backup Pickup" and many others.  It waqs an amazing show and these guys were actually out to win this thing.  Most all of them were running in the 10's at 130 mph or so, they don't even allow them to go that fast today. You never realize when you're a kid that you might be looking at something historic that nobody else will ever see after you.  Keep that in mind when you look at these pictures, I saw most of these things live and the things you see today, your children may never see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment