Saturday, July 7, 2012

Born Free IV, the details, the bloody fucking details

Okay, I realize that not everybody pays attention to the fine print, the trifling odds and ends, the small details but for me....it's why I go to these shows. I want to see close up what the kats who care are doing. What kind of brilliant genius shit are they up to now? As far as I'm concerned this is far far more than a bloody bike show, this is art!!!  Art that has been struggled over for years and years of practice so they can get it just right and failing anyway.  These guys are never satisfied, it keeps them awake at night, blueprints crossing their eyes in the dark until they have to get up and either write it down orw go to the shop and get busy.
I know this is the case because I have to sometimes listen to the radio to shut off my brain when I'm in the middle of a project and I'm nowhere near the craftsman/artist/fabricator/designer most of these guys are. Especially the invited builders!!! Just to be invited to this show as one of the invited says you have become the KIND.  The kind that knows how to get it the fuck done and done better than done, done to a certain kind of perfection, a certain kind of crafty artsy fartsy biker fantasy type trip.
So here you have it, just a few of the details that deserve a second look, or a third or forth. When I was a kid it was Arlen Ness, Perewitze, Billy Bud, BACC, Tom Sommers and on and on. Those guys were my fucking heros! But those guys got nothing on these guys. The work speaks for itself and it deserves admiration from those who understand what the fuck is going on here. 
These are 14 MP pics so you can blow them way up if you want to look closely, I did, but then again, I'm the guy who's wife won't go to the car show with because I may look at a single bike or car for a whole hour. 
Anyhow
ENJOY!




















































4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thas Roland, I try to remember not everbody is from around these parts.

      Delete
  2. Visual overload mate, love the passionate blurb as well. Cheers muchly for joining club Psycho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcomed Mate, like your blog as well...Bobsyeruncle!!

      Delete