Friday, January 27, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS; The Von Dutch Award for pinstriper of the year


The 2012 Von Dutch Award for excellence in hand painted Pin-striping. Metal sculptured Award by Chris Hamilton / Pin-striping on awards by Tommy Itch Otis.

The winner for 2012 is Pinstriper Joel Anthony from Idaho . The owner of the bike is Todd Asin . This is a great example of a 1960's style Triumph bobber custom Motorcycle . And I'm pretty sure the first motorcycle to win this award "I think" . I won it in 1997 and it was a real highlight for me as an artist . The Pin-striping on this bike is mega clean and tight as well as rings true of a period correct style . I wish they could all be winners .The talent and craftsmanship this year was fantastic . The Winner of The Von Dutch Lifetime Achievement Award went to a great artist and one of the kindest souls I have come across in quite a while , "Jack Lindenberger" from Indiana . This man is a real giver . Congratulations and a special thanks to Chris Hamilton. Sincerely Tommy O. AKA Itch .
More tomorrow, Thanks Itch for a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment